Market Square Market Square

I had to track it down after playing through Hero Agency. Something nice about this melody, how it evolves. I kinda wish it carried on more.

TheFatRat - Telescope TheFatRat - Telescope

Real nice prog. And nice work getting it on the Taking You Higher mix. I didn't realize there was another of those mixes out, will have to check out the whole thing. Cheers dude.

shitty hi-hat rendition shitty hi-hat rendition

I didn't expect much from the title. Actually I sorta enjoyed it. Pretty chill.

HarraH responds:

thankyou mate.

Hopeku - High skies Hopeku - High skies

nice job

I saw a different loop of yours on the front page and thought "how is this guy not signed". Anyhow I went to check your other stuff and seen you have signed! Awesome work. This is real proffessional sounding Psy.

Pico factory (Pico day) Pico factory (Pico day)

Talented

This is decent techno man.

You should really make this into a full length track. Double thumbs up.

80's_01 80's_01

a nice start perhaps

It was a nice idea, I could listen all teh way through. But the production just seems too thin at the moment, and is kinda sounding like lift music at places.

I'd say the area most desperately in need of improvement is the beat, it's synthetic poor quality grates. I'd also say the melody was just a little cheesy... although I guess that is the 80s for you. ;) 7/3

tilman responds:

:D thanks for your honest review n you're absolutely right.
this song is as cheesy as it gets :D

i just think it has this "ALF"-themesong feeling to it n that's
kinda like what i was going for even though i may have keeled over trying :D

Brainsick [DEMO] - 2008 Brainsick [DEMO] - 2008

throw that wood!!

You're sounding like Noisia in this one. Wood blocks ftw.

Cold Harmony Cold Harmony

had some emotional depth

I liked the way you carried the mood throughout the loop. I appreciate you mentioning about your software troubles. Likewise I want to upgrade but I really don't have the time or money to invest in better stuff.

The lower pitch string melodic line from 32 to 47 has something weird sounding about it to me. I think the entire piece would sound better with a little reverb and maybe a little echo on the xylophone type sound... this piece should sound like it's being played in a cathedral or cavern or something, not a small room. Also if you can look up some stuff about how to make your vocal and orchestral synths sound more realistic that would help you alot, at the moment they sound like somebody standing at a keyboard pressing keys, real strings and voices fade in and out on each note, wobble in pitch sometimes and consecutive notes never sound exactly the same.

I-am-the-Tritone responds:

Thank you so very much, I really do appreciate that comment!
Yep, money is the problem... =(
But that's some good advice you gave me there, i will see what i can do to the sound... thought about adding some reverb myself.

So i will try now to improve the choir articulation, the low pitch part (i believe the problem is that the wobbling of the GP5-strings is not tacted (correctly)) and the sound in general.

Thanks again =D
Tritone

TheShift of Essense TheShift of Essense

pretty cool

I liked this alot, you've got a nice clear production and sound here. I liked the dissonant chord progressions you got aswell. It's pretty refreshing to hear something that has real drums in it aswell.

I was kind of waiting for a nice melodic major key break in the middle of the track but it never came. The main melodic theme was starting to get a little old by the end aswell and maybe a break would fix that aswell.

MoNkEyBoY1993 responds:

thanks a bunch, dude. The drums are actually clicked in, but sound real; made with FL Studio's FPC.

and yea, I gotta come up with more epic solos and breaks; I've still got a lot to learn when it comes to making good melodies and formatting a piece to keep your ears wanting moar lol

SK - Last Time SK - Last Time

nice, but long intro.

It's got a pretty epic trance/club feel to it. I'm not so much into trance but I enjoyed some of it anyways. The 2 minutes intro is a little long maybe... i'm only saying that cos I think most reviewers on here won't listen to most tracks for more than about 30 secs.